Five things I love about fall:
- Crisp air,
- afternoon light from a sun that sits lower on the horizon,
- colourful leaves dazzling the eye,
- the smell and crunch of leaves underfoot
- comfortable temperatures and warm fires
Five things I love about Algonquin Park:
- most of the summer folk have gone home, those that visit at this time of year enjoy a sense of tranquility and privacy in Ontario’s largest most accessible nature park.
- harvest moon rising over the lakes, occassionally punctuated by the sound of wolves howling
- the call of the loon echoing off the hills
- morning mist rising off the lake
- the first frosty mornings of the year that bring out the photographer in everyone
Algonquin Park Fall Colours
What I get out of Algonquin Park Fall Colours here at Northern Edge Algonquin:
- time to nourish my soul in the solitude and tranquility at this special time of the year, in this special place; to think about who I am, where I’m going, and how I’m getting there. Time with family and friends in our home that feels as big as the 8000 ha Algonquin Park. That’s about 80 km by 100 km in layman’s terms.
Consider joining us for one of our Fall Colours Canoe Trips including Fall Colours Wolf Howl Canoe Trips and Heart of Gold.
Learn more about Algonquin Park.